Just made this for Bren and I as a simple dessert after our dinner, using our Happy Call Pan (http://www.happycallpan.org).
The aroma was alluringly light and the texture reminded me a bit of banana cake – a little crisp on the outside, and moist on the inside. I reckon it’ll go pretty well with vanilla ice-cream!
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Earl Grey tea bags
70g olive oil
1. Mix all dry ingredients. Do sieve the flour.
2. Heat milk, then pour all tea powder into hot milk and keep aside to cool.
3. Mix olive oil and egg, then add in milk tea. Tea should not be too hot when added.
4. Mix the above with all dry ingredients until no flour can be seen, tho’ be careful not to over mix the batter.
5. Pour batter into Happy Call Pan, and cook on medium low heat for 10 mins, flip pan and cook for another 4 mins.
Perfect for a relaxing weekend evening!