Tried this coupla days back and loved how warm and tender the apples turned out! The juiciness of the apples went really well with the crisp stuffing.
Healthy and delish:
25g blanched almonds
55g ready-to-eat plump dried apricots
1 tbsp clear honey
4 tbsp rolled oats
4 large apples
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Chop apricots and almonds; set aside.
2. Place honey in saucepan and heat until honey has melted. Stir in oats and cook gently over low heat for 2 mins. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in apricots and almonds.
3. Core the apples, widen tops slightly and score horizontally around circumference to prevent skins from bursting during cooking.
4. Place apples and fill with stuffing. Pour just enough water into baking dish to come about 1/3 of the way up the apples.
5. Bake in oven for for 30-40 mins / till tender.
Serve immediately! Enjoy. 🙂